Races of Eberron
CHANGELING RACIAL TRAITS (PFRPG)
- +2 to any one ability score: This can be changed once every 24 hours. This reflects the changeling’s ability to adapt.
- Shapechanger Subtype: Changelings are humanoids with the shapechanger subtype.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, changelings have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size
Changeling base land speed is 30 feet.
- +2 bonus on all Will saving throws: Changelings have slippery minds.
- Changelings gain a +4 racial bonus on Linguistics checks and they learn one additional language every time they put a rank in the Linguistics skill.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Auran, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Halfling, and Terran
KALASTAR RACIAL TRAITS (PFRPG)
- +2 to any one mental ability score
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Kalashtar have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Kalashtar base land speed is 30 feet.
- +2 racial bonus on Will savings throws: The Kalashtar’s dual spirits help them resist spells that target their minds.
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks: Kalashtar are masters of social interaction, influencing others through their commanding presence and subtle psychic powers.
- Kalashtar sleep but they do not dream. As such, they have immunity to the dream and nightmare spells, as well as any other effect that relies on the target’s ability to dream.
- Naturally Psionic: Kalashtar gain 1 extra power point per character level, regardless of whether they choose a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Abilities: Mindlink (1/day). This ability is like the power manifested by a wilder of 1/2 the Kalashtar’s Hit Dice (minimum 1st level).
- Automatic Languages: Common and Quor. Bonus Languages: Draconic and Riedran.
SHIFTER RACIAL TRAITS (PFRPG)
- +2 Wis, -2 Cha. One physical ability score gets a +2 bonus based on the primary shifter bloodline.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Shifters have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Shifter base land speed is 30 feet.
- Shifting (Su): A shifter can tap into their lycanthropic heritage to gain short bursts of physical power. Each shifter has one of six shifter traits—characteristics that manifest themselves when a character is shifting. Each shifter trait provides a +2 bonus to one of the character’s physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution) and grants some other advantage as well. Shifter traits are described in the following section.
Shifting is a free action and can last for a number of rounds equal to 4 + the shifter’s Constitution modiﬁer. Temporary increases to Constitution such as those gained from bear’s endurance do not increase the total number of rounds that a shifter can maintain shifting per day. A shifter can take feats to improve this ability. These shifter feats are described in Eberron Campaign Setting and Races of Eberron.
Every shifter feat a character takes increases the duration of his shifting by 2 rounds. So, a character with two shifter feats can shift for a number of rounds equal to 8 (instead of 4) + the shifter’s Con modifier.
Shifting, though related to and developed from lycanthropy, is neither an affliction nor a curse. It is not passed on by bite or claw attacks, and a shifter can’t be cured—shifting is a natural ability for the race.
- +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics, Climb, and Jump checks: A shifter’s animalistic heritage enhances many of her physical skills.
- Low-Light Vision: Shifters can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome, Halfling, and Sylvan.
- Shifter Bloodline Traits:
- Beasthide (Su): +2 Con. While shifting, a beasthide shifter gains a natural armor that provides a +2 bonus to AC. Even when not shifting, a beasthide shifter gains a +2 racial bonus on Fortitude saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Longtooth (Su): +2 Str. While shifting, a longtooth shifter grows fangs that can be used as a natural weapon, dealing 1d6 + Str Bonus points of damage with a successful bite attack. She cannot attack more than once per round with her bite, even if her base attack bonus is high enough to give her multiple attacks. She can use her bite as a secondary attack (taking a —5 penalty on her attack roll) while wielding a weapon. Once per day, when a longtooth shifter is reduced to fewer than 0 hit points but is not killed, it can fight on for 1 more round as if disabled. At the end of its next turn, unless brought to above 0 hit points, it immediately falls unconscious and begins to die. If the longtooth shifter is shifting, she can continue to fight until 1 round after the shifting ends, or until lowered below negative Constitution score of hit points.
- Cliffwalk (Su): +2 Dex. While shifting, a cliffwalk shifter gains a climb speed of 20 feet. ft., and gain a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. When not shifting, a cliffwalk shifter gains a +2 bonus on Climb checks due to the lingering effects of the climb ability.
- Razorclaw (Su): +2 Str. While shifting, a razorclaw shifter gains claws that can be used as natural weapons. These claws deal Id4 + Str bonus points of damage with each successful attack. She can attack with one claw as a standard action or with two claws as a full attack action (as a primary natural weapon). She cannot attack more than once per round with a single claw, even if her base attack bonus is high enough to give her multiple attacks. She can attack with a claw as a light off-hand weapon while wielding a weapon in her primary hand, but all her attacks in that round take a —2 penalty. Even when not shifting, a beasthide shifter gains a +2 bonus on Strength checks to break objects and a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks to sunder.
- Longstride (Su): 10 feet to her base land speed, and gains a +4 to Initiative checks.
- Wildhunt (Su): +2 Con. While shifting, a wildhunt shifter gains the scent ability. When not shifting, a wildhunt shifter gains a +2 bonus on Perception checks due to the lingering effects of the scent ability.
WARFORGED RACIAL TRAITS (PFRPG)
- +2 to any one ability score (except Con), +2 Con, -2 Cha, and -2 Wis
- Living Construct: No light fortification.
Medium: As Medium creatures, Warforged have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Warforged base land speed is 30 feet.
- Gatecrasher: Warforged gain a +2 bonus on Strength checks to break objects and a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks to sunder.
- A warforged has a natural weapon in the form of a slam attack that deals Id4 points of damage.
- Composite plating: Warforged begin with what amounts to a built in suit of armor. It is thin overlapping sheets of metal that occupy the same item slot as armor or robes. This provides protection equivalent to studded leather armor, including arcane failure chance & max dexterity bonus. Warforged may be modified through use of the Craft (armor) skill and replace the composite plating with other armor. DC for such a modification is 10 + AC bonus of the armor being reworked onto the Warforged.
- Warforged begin 1st level with ½ the usual starting cash.
- Automatic Languages: Common.